12 March 2008

Conquering Abbey's Country

Well folks, great excitement in the world of Amanda Jean. Monday I got myself a job in Moab and as soon as I find a place to live I will be taking up permanent residence (as permanent as any residence could be for my little gypsie soul) in Moab, Utah. I just decided it was time to stop trying to make the most cerebral decision and just follow my heart, and as soon as I did things just started falling into place. I got a job on the spot at the first place I applied (I start Friday!) and from what I hear the tips are great (I can make a couple hundred bucks a night); I have a couple of leads on some reasonably priced (as far as Moab goes) places to stay; and I have a totally cool friend (and fellow TTW fan) to hang out with. As TTW's Rowandian son would say, God is sitting on my head.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I am excited you have a blog now too...How cool that you are moving to Moab! Fun! Check out our blog if you want.
www.theaskerothfam.blogspot.com

Mars said...

TTW? WTF? Could it be any of these:

Table-Top Wargaming
Tactical Training Wing
Tank-To-Wheels
Tell the World
Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway
Territorial Waters
The Teacher Will (lesson plans)
The Tolkien Wiki (my personal fav.)
Through the Wall
Through the Wave (soldering in electronics manufacuring)
tilting three wheeler
Time of Tension of War
Time To Wait
Transition to War (NATO)
Transtracheal Washes or Washing

Oh...Terry Tempest Williams. Got it.

PS- Congrats on the job. Is it at a restaurant?

PS2- London. Tokyo. Paris. Moab.

Unwinona said...

Two things:

1. Miranda beat me to my question.

2. I attempted today to accomplish one of those four milestone markers of civilization listed in Mars's comment. Yes. I auditioned for DISNEYLAND TOKYO. I also got cut in the very first round, but when you flail like I do on a dance floor, no one really things "Cinderella quality!" I was a helluva waver though. I Princess-waved the SHIT outta that audition.

Sweet Tunes